Starting over

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnguyen1969

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anybody here starting over after being out of school for awhile, like over 10 years? My GPA wasn't as high as I wanted it, but that was a long time ago and my English has improve immensely. I am currently taking pre-reqs and extremely comfortable with where I am ranking in the class. Do the adcom look strongly towards my current grades rather then my past GPA?

TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Anybody here starting over after being out of school for awhile, like over 10 years? My GPA wasn't as high as I wanted it, but that was a long time ago and my English has improve immensely. I am currently taking pre-reqs and extremely comfortable with where I am ranking in the class. Do the adcom look strongly towards my current grades rather then my past GPA?

TIA

I'm returning to school after 12 years. I've forgot a lot thing but when professors taught those concepts, I rememberred right away all those stuffs I'd learned in my country (probably same as yours lol).

Good for both of you, having the ambition to return to school after so many years :D You may want to look into schools that look at your prerequisite GPA only and also schools that do academic forgiveness (USN) as long as you do good in your prerequisites I say you have a good chance of getting in along with everyone else!

HTH

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed Dr. DeYoung from USN and ask him to take a quick look at my transcript and he did. It was on a Saturday too. He said I need to take English Comp and continue my pre-reqs and I should be good for applying at USN. I know they are geared toward GPAs more than the Essays and LORs. I just have to wait and see I guess.

That's good...see your on the right track! Get those good grades and you should be just fine.

Good Luck:thumbup:

Hi! Yes I started over also. I originally graduated in 1998, worked in corporate america - hated it, and decided to seek the job I want.

I was just admitted! You can do it too!

Would you mind sharing your stats and which school you got accepted in?

TIA