• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Starting over

dnguyen1969

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi,
    Anybody here starting over after being out of school for awhile, like over 10 years? My GPA wasn't as high as I wanted it, but that was a long time ago and my English has improve immensely. I am currently taking pre-reqs and extremely comfortable with where I am ranking in the class. Do the adcom look strongly towards my current grades rather then my past GPA?

TIA

Asian Girl

10+ Year Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    1. Pharmacy Student
      Hi,
      Anybody here starting over after being out of school for awhile, like over 10 years? My GPA wasn't as high as I wanted it, but that was a long time ago and my English has improve immensely. I am currently taking pre-reqs and extremely comfortable with where I am ranking in the class. Do the adcom look strongly towards my current grades rather then my past GPA?

TIA

I'm returning to school after 12 years. I've forgot a lot thing but when professors taught those concepts, I rememberred right away all those stuffs I'd learned in my country (probably same as yours lol).

tootoo30

Account Closed!
      10+ Year Member
      Oct 28, 2007
      1. Pharmacist
        Good for both of you, having the ambition to return to school after so many years :D You may want to look into schools that look at your prerequisite GPA only and also schools that do academic forgiveness (USN) as long as you do good in your prerequisites I say you have a good chance of getting in along with everyone else!

HTH

About the Ads

dnguyen1969

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Apr 19, 2008
        1. Pre-Pharmacy
          I emailed Dr. DeYoung from USN and ask him to take a quick look at my transcript and he did. It was on a Saturday too. He said I need to take English Comp and continue my pre-reqs and I should be good for applying at USN. I know they are geared toward GPAs more than the Essays and LORs. I just have to wait and see I guess.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.