Starting over

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wishing4MD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!
So I did horrible on the exam and I will be retaking in January. Biology was my lowest and I know its because I have a problem with interpreting experimental passages. What do you all suggest I do? Since I'm starting over, is it smart to being studying now or is too soon for the January mcat? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
 
If my MCAT score turns out to be low, I'll be retaking in January as well. I'm planning on starting to study after I get my results. I'll probably do light content review with problems from August to October and then take my studying up a notch in November. Starting in November I think I'm going to try to do a practice test every week up until the test along with more practice problems and passages. For my first test I studied for about 5 months and I wish I gave myself more time. I don't think I really figured out how to improve my score until 1.5 months before my test date. I should have started doing practice tests earlier. I also should have done a lot more problems/passages and less content review.