Starting point before dedicated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nebuchadnezzarII

CALI born and raised.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is supposed to be your starting point/baseline before the dedicated study period? I have 7.5 weeks of dedicated study which begins 2 weeks from now.

However, I feel that if take the exam (or a practice exam) now, I would do terribly. I have been passing my classes (~40th percentile in class), doing UFAP along with classes, but if I need to recall something from an organ system we did several months ago, I'd draw a complete blank. Is this supposed to miraculously change during the dedicated study period? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

What is supposed to be your starting point/baseline before the dedicated study period? I have 7.5 weeks of dedicated study which begins 2 weeks from now.

However, I feel that if take the exam (or a practice exam) now, I would do terribly. I have been passing my classes (~40th percentile in class), doing UFAP along with classes, but if I need to recall something from an organ system we did several months ago, I'd draw a complete blank. Is this supposed to miraculously change during the dedicated study period? Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you.
Why not just take an NBME? The score you get is where you're suppose to be and then gauge what you need to focus on from there. Some people score a 160 and then end up getting 240+. Some people start with 250+ and get a 250+. Others start at 200 and don't pass. Just do what you need to do. Forget about the "suppose to" stuff. Also, good idea to just get off sdn and other social media for dedicated. Don't need to compare to others or stress out about what others are doing.

Reactions: 1 user
Why not just take an NBME? The score you get is where you're suppose to be and then gauge what you need to focus on from there. Some people score a 160 and then end up getting 240+. Some people start with 250+ and get a 250+. Others start at 200 and don't pass. Just do what you need to do. Forget about the "suppose to" stuff. Also, good idea to just get off sdn and other social media for dedicated. Don't need to compare to others or stress out about what others are doing.

Thanks Jon Snow. I'll do just that.