Starting residency in two weeks, what to read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sleeplessbordernights

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title says, Im starting my anesthesiology residency in march, I have the rest of the month free so I want to study at least the basics, any reading material you recomend? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

As the title says, Im starting my anesthesiology residency in march, I have the rest of the month free so I want to study at least the basics, any reading material you recomend? Thanks in advance
Baby Barash or Baby Miller. Listen to ACCRAC podcasts. Watch UK Anesthesia YouTube videos. I think those are great starting places.

In addition to the above, I think a great bite-sized starting point is the Stanfard CA-1 Boot Camp Lecture Series (google it).

I'm also curious about what kind of scenario you are in that leads to starting your residency in March... outside of USA?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In addition to the above, I think a great bite-sized starting point is the Stanfard CA-1 Boot Camp Lecture Series (google it).

I'm also curious about what kind of scenario you are in that leads to starting your residency in March... outside of USA?
Thanks, and yeah I’m from Mexico, I’m in a huge bordear town with a big hospital with local and international patients

the Stanford CA1 review is a great place to start. Baby Miller would also be valuable

Attitude, Preparation and Effort are factors we can control. Maximize those, even when it’s hard.

We all start somewhere

Reactions: 1 user
Your favorite non-medical book. Something about finances or self-help. You've got the rest of your life to do medicine and will dedicate a lot of time the next few years to medicine. It's worth your time to invest in your ability to be resilient, caring towards yourself, and responsible.

Reactions: 1 users