1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Starting SMP and applying @ same time

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by rose786, Jun 4, 2008.

1. rose786

2+ Year Member

#1 rose786, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bruinshockey12

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What SMP is it?

4. rose786

2+ Year Member

MWU

Ah...nobody has any experience with this? Any post-baccers, feel free to chime in.

5. mightymouse23

mightymouse23 Member
    7+ Year Member

I know of a good portion of people that have done this, and it really didnt help them. The reasoning i was told was that they hadnt done enough to show a significant improvement. This was for the 2yr Barry program, so I cant comment if its a 1yr program.

When do grades come out? Some schools will wait to see what grades you get in your courses in progress, if your on the border

6. rose786

2+ Year Member

Well, grades for first quarter come out in November and the next quarter then ends in February. I know that the grades come out earlier than other schools. I think AADSAS allows Academic Update from November to February, but I'm not sure if we're only allowed to update once or several times during that period?

I'm thinking of only applying to maybe 5 private schools (because I won't be a resident of any state) and then if I don't get in, I'll apply to 10-15 the following year. So far I'm thinking of: MWU, NYU, Detroit, Temple, and Nova. Anyone been there, done that?