Starting to panic!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

diehrdgiantsfan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When last semester ended, I asked one of my professors if he was willing to write me a recommendation. He said he'd be more than happy to and to contact him through email around mid-july. I emailed him two weeks ago, and I still have yet to hear from him. I am starting to worry... is anyone else in a similar situation?!
 
I can totally relate. My academic reference told me she'd be "more than happy" to write me a letter. I received her e-mail about a month ago. She is teaching summer school right now, though, so I am giving her plenty of space until mid-August. Is your professor holding office hours during the summer, diehrdgiantsfan?

I just e-submitted because PTCAS suggests not waiting for all supporting documentation. Apparently, if references arrive after processing, they will be forwarded to programs later.
 
Same exact thing for me, diehrdgiantsfan.
I dont really have a back-up Academic source either because i took all my pre-req's non traditionally at different community colleges, and one class a semester so i never really built a great relationship with any of them except for the one teacher who hasn't responded to my email. I think we still have time but it would be nice to get this wrapped up.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/member.php?u=469421
 
Pick up the phone and call. Especially after 2 weeks, you have no idea if the email was ever even seen.