starting your own practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scurred

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does one go about doing it

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a quote from the legendary LADoc. BTW, where is LA? Haven't seen him around lately.

I hope he hasn't fulfilled his promise to quit the board.

That's a quote from the legendary LADoc. BTW, where is LA? Haven't seen him around lately.

It is.

I hope he has not forsaken us, departing like Elves to Gray Havens (yet another LADoc's quote)

there has got to be more than just that? Like how do you solicit contracts with hospitals, offices, etc.

Im not totally gone yet..just slowly diversifying out of Pathology and into other ventures which is taking a bunch of my time. I think Im technically working in path now only part time.

In terms of starting your own practice, it's ******edly simple. In terms of obtaining a closed hospital contract to provide services is likewise easy IF you are willing to go anywhere.

The very fact it is so simple/risk-free in Pathology versus say other office-based specialities is actually less reassuring than you might think because whatever you take easily, someone else can take away with equal ease...hence why practicing pathologists are most likely to eat their young than other fields.

Still working on my manifesto/guide for Path biz (and to a lesser extent other specialities) but progress is slow atm.