Startup Weekend - Sleep Apnea Device

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epidemicity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently participating in a health-related Startup Weekend. We've decided to focus on a direct-to-consumer, disposable, relatively inexpensive sleep apnea screening device. Certainly, this would not come anywhere near diagnosis, but we're taking a position that - if positive - it could prompt more patients to seek diagnostic testing. As I'm sure you are all aware, OSA remains hugely under-diagnosed, much of it due to patients' reluctance to get tested. We're hoping to prove that a device such as ours could overcome that barrier for at least a subset of patients.

As experts in this field, we would value your opinion on the subject, particularly any thoughts or feedback about such a device. How likely would you be to recommend such a device to your patients who are reluctant to get tested?

Of course, due to the nature of this event, we must have things figured out quickly. I would really appreciate an answer or any feedback you might have by tomorrow (Sunday, May 17) by noon, at the latest.

Thank you so much for your time!

AJ Shergill, D.O., M.B.A.

Members don't see this ad.