STATdx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

$2300 for a STATdx subscription or Radiopaedia for free

• Total voters

ExEngineer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My program discontinued their STATdx subscription before my class started. Is it worth it to spent the $2300 on a personal subscription or is radiopaedia adequate?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Statdx’s utility is in their sample images and brevity of their outline form. They save time over the other resources because of it, that’s it. Radiopaedia plus Google searching literature for sample images does the same thing, it just takes longer.

I might pay $450 or so for an annual subscription like I would UpTpDate, but $2300/yr for something that rarely changes is hilarious.

I didn't use StatDx even when I had a subscription beyond first year of residency. IMO it is not worth $2300. You could buy a whole library of textbooks that cover the same content. I found some things just off, redundant, confusing. There were like 6 different articles on cholesteatomas. I would pay a most like $400-500, on par with Radiopaedia all access pass (gets you their lectures).

Disclosure: I contribute to Radiopaedia.

I've been paying for a Statdx subscription for the past several years, and while I find it useful, I don't think it's $2.3 k/year useful. I'm discontinuing my subscription. Though my group has a residency that provides Statdx to the residents, so I may ask our program coordinator if attendings get access too.

$2.3k/year is a lot of money when Radiopedia and Google are an acceptable alternative.

Last edited:
Everyone learns differently. I prefer a combination of Radiopedia and journal articles (covers quick overviews and deep knowledge dives). For a more comprehensive overview I just use textbooks.

Definitely wouldn't pay 2k+ a year.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't use StatDx even when I had a subscription beyond first year of residency. IMO it is not worth $2300. You could buy a whole library of textbooks that cover the same content. I found some things just off, redundant, confusing. There were like 6 different articles on cholesteatomas. I would pay a most like $400-500, on par with Radiopaedia all access pass (gets you their lectures).

Disclosure: I contribute to Radiopaedia.
Agree with all above.

I personally didn't use StatDx more than a handful of times during residency. It's actually not that good.

Everyone learns differently. I prefer a combination of Radiopedia and journal articles (covers quick overviews and deep knowledge dives). For a more comprehensive overview I just use textbooks.

Definitely wouldn't pay 2k+ a year.

Agree. Used that combo way more both as a resident and attending (even though I've had Statdx access the entire time).