State Law exams and licensure

Started by Eyeris
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eyeris

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do the state law exams work? How many questions do you need to get right to be able to pass the law exam? I cant find it on the state websites and wanted to know if we had to get every question correct or if there was some leeway.

Also, if you are applying for multiple state licensures as a new graduate and they ask for any previous state licensures, it's alright to leave it all blank correct? I'm doing three states at the same time.

Thanks!
 
How do the state law exams work? How many questions do you need to get right to be able to pass the law exam? I cant find it on the state websites and wanted to know if we had to get every question correct or if there was some leeway.

Also, if you are applying for multiple state licensures as a new graduate and they ask for any previous state licensures, it's alright to leave it all blank correct? I'm doing three states at the same time.

Thanks!
Varies by state, but many are open-book tests just to make sure you're aware of their specific laws.

I'd rec talking directly to the licensing board from the state you're applying for license in.
 
Not every state has a law test, or even boards for that matter.