State mandates Marijuana Dispensaries Must have Pharmacist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd love to work at a dispensary, but not here in New York. The New York medical marijuana program is absurd and an example of overregulation. The facilities are overly secured and feel more like a prison than a dispensary. They only allow sales of liquids for vaporization and oral capsules. Edibles like gummy bears, brownies are not allowed and sale of the actual bud for smoking is not allowed. ****ing *****s. It's New York, we're supposed to be the 2nd most liberal state in the country after California.

 
I'd love to work at a dispensary, but not here in New York. The New York medical marijuana program is absurd and an example of overregulation. The facilities are overly secured and feel more like a prison than a dispensary. They only allow sales of liquids for vaporization and oral capsules. Edibles like gummy bears, brownies are not allowed and sale of the actual bud for smoking is not allowed. ****ing *****s. It's New York, we're supposed to be the 2nd most liberal state in the country after California.


Albany is a far cry from NYC. Keep in mind where your laws are made.
 
Heck yes I'd do this

I'd love to work at a dispensary, but not here in New York. The New York medical marijuana program is absurd and an example of overregulation. The facilities are overly secured and feel more like a prison than a dispensary. They only allow sales of liquids for vaporization and oral capsules. Edibles like gummy bears, brownies are not allowed and sale of the actual bud for smoking is not allowed. ****ing *****s. It's New York, we're supposed to be the 2nd most liberal state in the country after California.

It's New York, dude.

Corruption/bureaucracy is guaranteed
 
Don't get your hopes up people, Amazon will just jump into this field and destroy all independent stores.
 
Don't get your hopes up people, Amazon will just jump into this field and destroy all independent stores.

I doubt that greatly. I don't know of any big corporations that have openly supported cannabis sales. Maybe in the future. I have to wonder what the role of a pharmacy manager would be except to make sure the regs are fully enforced.
 
I doubt that greatly. I don't know of any big corporations that have openly supported cannabis sales. Maybe in the future. I have to wonder what the role of a pharmacy manager would be except to make sure the regs are fully enforced.

I don't know about that. Seems to me Bezos wants in on anything that simply involves shipping.
 
I doubt that greatly. I don't know of any big corporations that have openly supported cannabis sales. Maybe in the future. I have to wonder what the role of a pharmacy manager would be except to make sure the regs are fully enforced.

I am not allowed to post a link but type "Acreage Holdings" (a company that is in 11 states' marijuana industries) in a search engine and you'll see that John Boehner (who was a vocal critic of legalization) is now on their advisory board. Corporations and big money are definitely taking a hard look at cannabis.
 
I am not allowed to post a link but type "Acreage Holdings" (a company that is in 11 states' marijuana industries) in a search engine and you'll see that John Boehner (who was a vocal critic of legalization) is now on their advisory board. Corporations and big money are definitely taking a hard look at cannabis.

Why can't you post this?

Home (not sure why it says home but this is the website)

Is it because it's against your religion?
 
The same thing is happening in Pennsylvania. We need to lobby HARD for this to happen in every state that offers medical MJ.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, it's an opportunity that looks like a nice escape from retail hell. Unfortunately my board of pharmacy takes the position that, since marijuana is schedule I, we should have absolutely nothing to do with it.
 
I think SDN doesn’t let someone post links until they have met some minimum post number. Keeps a spammer from signing up and posting dozens of spam links immediately.

Exactly this. I'd be damned if I let my religion keep me from posting links on message boards (among other things).

Look up Acreage Holdings and Boehner's name for some news articles related to what I was talking about. I like the idea of legalization, but a little concerned about how the profits will be distributed (will the money earned be used to actually improve the communities offering these services, or will they be used to further line the pockets of the corporate/political elite who has done everything in their power to criminalize marijuana use not tied directly to an FDA-approved prescription drug?).
 
Exactly this. I'd be damned if I let my religion keep me from posting links on message boards (among other things).

Look up Acreage Holdings and Boehner's name for some news articles related to what I was talking about. I like the idea of legalization, but a little concerned about how the profits will be distributed (will the money earned be used to actually improve the communities offering these services, or will they be used to further line the pockets of the corporate/political elite who has done everything in their power to criminalize marijuana use not tied directly to an FDA-approved prescription drug?).

In case it didn't make sense, the religion part was due to your account name.

I made myself chuckle at least.
 
The only concern I have is that in mature recreational markets such as Colorado the medical sales are declining as patients switch to rec. I'm certain that a portion of the population will continue to pay the extra costs to join the medical program and need extra counseling but how many. In any new state with a medical program it would be wise for the Pharmacist/Clinical Director to make themselves proficient in other areas of the operation also. You will still be required by law to be there but as Clinical Director becomes a more attractive career option and the supply of pharmacists increases they could simply replace you or reduce your pay.