state schools

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by basilisk312, Apr 27, 2004.

1. basilisk312

basilisk312 Member
    7+ Year Member

i know that as an out of state resident atteding suny opt. for the first year that person would pay out of state tuition, and then pay in-state tuition bc you become a resident after 1 yr of living at a place. is that also true for other state colleges???

2. Rosanna

Rosanna Not rejected by the CIA
    7+ Year Member

Optometrist
    At UCBSO, you will pay in-state tuition after becoming a resident of CA (requires 1 year proof of residency).

- Rosanna

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    this doesn't work in texas.. being a student doesn't count towards residency. You have to work in texas a full year before getting residence.

But, our school does offer in state tuition and fee waivers for competitive applicants from other states. they've been pushing that big time this year. :D that way out of state and canadian students can pay in state tuition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sammyiu

sammyiu Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Indiana is not like that. You have to have at least one year of residency in the state without the express intent of attending school. Usually even after you buy a house in the state if you are still a student they still won't give you in-state tuition. They do have contracts with a number of states to give in-state tuition though. But if you have to pay out-of-state it takes tuition from around $9000 a year to closer to $20,000 a year.

I'm glad that I am in-state! Ouch! :eek:

5. HighlyFanatic

7+ Year Member

*cough* Canadian :cool:

6. Tony.

Tony. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah,
    basically if you end up in Boston; it wont matter if you're a resident or not, you'll pay the same all the years through.....

(someone correct me if this has changed recently) .....please .... :laugh:

7. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    I spelled it right ;) and.. I never capitalize anything online... sorry if i offended the resident Canadian :D

8. J.opt

7+ Year Member

Ohio State is that way too.