State University for Pre-Med

Yazo

5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2012
    Hi, I'm most likely going to be attending a state university (Massachusetts) for biology (pre-med). It's not a U of Mass. Do you think because it's not a large/well known college that it's going to keep me from being accepted into a medical school?

I can't afford to go to a school which requires me to dorm.

Anyone please help.

Yazo

SpeedySavior

Jan 18, 2015
    1. Pre-Medical
      Hi, I'm most likely going to be attending a state university (Massachusetts) for biology (pre-med). It's not a U of Mass. Do you think because it's not a large/well known college that it's going to keep me from being accepted into a medical school?

I can't afford to go to a school which requires me to dorm.

Anyone please help.

Yazo

I asked a similar question and you'll get a really good answer from the people who posted on the thread. I'm in the same boat as you!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/do-doctors-go-to-state-schools.1121391/

Reactions: 1 user

styphon

15+ Year Member
      Jun 26, 2001
      New york
      1. Attending Physician
        Once you leave the top 10 or 20 universties for undergrad - the ranking really does not matter. Completely different matter if you were comparing Yale to a state school..

What really matters is how well you do overall, your science GPA, and your MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.