Statement of purpose and objectives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

Acheron

How long is everybody's statement of purpose and objectives?

Mine is 500 words and I am wondering if that is sufficient. I am a guy, and a scientist. I'm not good at adding a lot of fluff to my thoughts. To be honest I could have wrote my entire statement of purpose in just one short paragraph.

Members don't see this ad.

How long is everybody's statement of purpose and objectives?

Mine is 500 words and I am wondering if that is sufficient. I am a guy, and a scientist. I'm not good at adding a lot of fluff to my thoughts. To be honest I could have wrote my entire statement of purpose in just one short paragraph.

I think quality is more important than quantity in this case. Mine was about 2 pages double spaced. (if that helps) Fluff is a bad idea. The people reading these are trained to see right through it.

Mine was about 3.5 pages double spaced, probably on the far side of a little too long. My medical school personal statement is 1 page single-spaced or approximately two double-spaced. I would guess that a target length should be between 1.5 and 2.5 pages for your SOPHAS application.

Members don't see this ad :)
On SOPHAS can you have separate SOPs for each school you're applying to?

On SOPHAS can you have separate SOPs for each school you're applying to?

Yes, it's required. Some schools have different guidelines for length too, I think it's generally found in the Admission FAQs section of the website.