Staten Island Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amr44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has been through the interview process at CSI? I have mine on the 5th and was looking for any specifics. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there last year - I believe they interview all applicants that meet their minimum criteria. I didn't get in and when I sent an email asking why and what I can do to improve I was told I basically never stood a chance because their average accepted pGPA was a 3.7 and cGPA 3.67 and I only had a ~3.0. My friend who had a 3.7 in each got basically the same answer, except it was because of her GRE - her grade was too low and they were never really planning on considering her. Maybe they want to give you the opportunity to completely change their minds, so clearly we didn't haha they also went through their entire waitlist and started calling students that they had previously rejected in order to offer them a seat, so maybe that's why they interview everyone.

As for what it consisted of: we were met and immediately moved to a classroom to complete an essay - I believe we were given 30 minutes for it - on an article they gave us. We then had the interview portion, done in groups of 3 applicants with two professors. They didn't ask anything crazy, it was the stereotypical "why PT' "why CSI" "what 3 qualities do you have that will enable you to be successful" "what's your biggest weakness" "what qualities should a PT have" type deal. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

Last edited:
two of my friends are interviewing on the 17th. their GPA's are lower than 3.3 and mine is 3.8 but i still haven't gotten an interview email yet :(. let me know how the interview goes though!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you remember the essay question?

Was the interview one on one? If not have you ever been to a a committee (group) interview, and how was it?

Do you remember the essay question?
No, it was related to the given article. You didn't need to have any prior knowledge, you were just showing reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

Was the interview one on one? If not have you ever been to a a committee (group) interview, and how was it?
As I stated, it was 3 students vs. 2 professors.

I interviewed there last year - I believe they interview all applicants that meet their minimum criteria. I didn't get in and when I sent an email asking why and what I can do to improve I was told I basically never stood a chance because their average accepted pGPA was a 3.7 and cGPA 3.67 and I only had a ~3.0. My friend who had a 3.7 in each got basically the same answer, except it was because of her GRE - her grade was too low and they were never really planning on considering her. Maybe they want to give you the opportunity to completely change their minds, so clearly we didn't haha they also went through their entire waitlist and started calling students that they had previously rejected in order to offer them a seat, so maybe that's why they interview everyone.

As for what it consisted of: we were met and immediately moved to a classroom to complete an essay - I believe we were given 30 minutes for it - on an article they gave us. We then had the interview portion, done in groups of 3 applicants with two professors. They didn't ask anything crazy, it was the stereotypical "why PT' "why CSI" "what 3 qualities do you have that will enable you to be successful" "what's your biggest weakness" "what qualities should a PT have" type deal. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!
I was just wondering if you remember how long the process took?....between the essay and actual interview

I was just wondering if you remember how long the process took?....between the essay and actual interview
The short answer to your question is probably about an hour to an hour and a half. The long answer explaining why I'm not really sure: I had a bit of a weird situation because I was taking classes during the only days they were interviewing, but I happened to be taking classes at CSI, so they had me run across campus during my breaks. I had a one hour break from 11:30-12:30 in which I did the writing sample, and I remember using the full hour, but some of that time was spent running across campus and back. I then had a break from 3:00-3:30, and I was late for the 3:30 class but I don't remember how late I was. Again, some of that time was spent running back and forth, and a little time was spent waiting for them to finish up the previous interview.

What answer do you feel is sufficient for why i chose CSI?
The short answer to your question is probably about an hour to an hour and a half. The long answer explaining why I'm not really sure: I had a bit of a weird situation because I was taking classes during the only days they were interviewing, but I happened to be taking classes at CSI, so they had me run across campus during my breaks. I had a one hour break from 11:30-12:30 in which I did the writing sample, and I remember using the full hour, but some of that time was spent running across campus and back. I then had a break from 3:00-3:30, and I was late for the 3:30 class but I don't remember how late I was. Again, some of that time was spent running back and forth, and a little time was spent waiting for them to finish up the previous interview.
t ques

What answer do you feel is sufficient for why i chose CSI?

I can't answer that for you, sorry. Having taken pre-reqs here for a year now, I have nothing but negative feelings towards the school and it's taking all the self restraint I have not to bad mouth it to no end.