Statistics as other or non science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDent08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...for the aadsas application I know math is considered other science. Would a Statistics class be considered other science or non-science? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys...for the aadsas application I know math is considered other science. Would a Statistics class be considered other science or non-science? Thanks.

This is definitely covered in the applicant's instruction manual for the AADSAS application. It's probably even under "instructions for this section" when you're in the coursework section of the AADSAS app...

Statistics is "Other Science"...

This is definitely covered in the applicant's instruction manual for the AADSAS application. It's probably even under "instructions for this section" when you're in the coursework section of the AADSAS app...

Statistics is "Other Science"...

is stats under "other science"? I looked up the instruction and "other science" doesnt seem cover stats? confused...

Members don't see this ad :)
is stats under "other science"? I looked up the instruction and "other science" doesnt seem cover stats? confused...

Hmm... you're right. I looked up the instructions on the actual application and in the ~40 page AADSAS App Instructions booklet (PDF file), and STAT isn't listed under "other science", but I remember reading somewhere that statistics is consider "other science".

"Math" IS listed under "other science" and anyone would be hard pressed to argue that statistics would not be considered a part of "mathematics".

Hence, I still believe a stat course would be listed under "other science".