Statistics class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EndangeredPasta

what?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Statistics (just introductory 200 level) count towards your Science GPA when applying to dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Only if it is offered by the math dept., otherwise no. I asked AADSAS that same question since I took statistics offered by my schools PSYC dept and it will NOT count as a science since it is offered by a "non-science" dept, while math is considered a "science."

Wait, math classes are considered to be sciences? That's awesome. I only had a B in stats (biostat actually), but I got A's in both semesters of calc!

Members don't see this ad :)
so wait...Calc is considered a "science" class instead of "other science" class

mestmet,

all math courses, including calc and statistics, fall other the "other science" catagory. biometery may be a diffrrent situation, since many colleges offer it jointly through both the math and biology depts. in that case, go by the course number and deptartment in your course catalog. regardless of "biology" or "other science" however, it will be factored into your science gpa. i simple glance at the AADSAS instruction booklet would explain this. for further clarification, feel free to pm me.

So what iv gathered is that statistics will go into "other science" but will still be added into my overall science gpa.