Statistics/Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTHopeful921

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure there are many of you out there like me that statistics and data analysis wasn't the easiest part of PT school. Just wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on any books or resources out there that they have come across to help to either refresh or revisit this part of our profession. I think it's important to understand the research aspect of our field, so I'm trying to do just that. Thanks for the advice and any help!
 
I just finished up my first research class and we used this book which you can find pretty cheap on amazon -

http://www.fadavis.com/Product/phys...h-statistical-guide-clinical-practice-difabio

It was the first time my professor had used the book and I liked it as a resource. The chapters aren't very long and it covers the basics needed to be able to apply research in the clinical setting. The only thing missing from it is hypothesis testing (maybe because the author passed away before the book was actually finished). I had heard horror stories about this class and understanding the statistical part of the research, but I did fine and I liked this book.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a big fan of online tutorials. I've used Kahn academy videos or similar to go over a particular concept. Kahn academy is my favorite because of high quality and reasonable length of videos.