Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctoritis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's a good resource to learn both the equations necessary for statistics questions on Step 1 and how to apply them, i.e. perhaps a few practice questions following presentation of the equations? I basically don't even know where/how to start.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Kaplan MedEssentials has a great 3 page summary of biostats (I know Phloston won't agree here). If you need further explanation, you can look at Kaplan's LN for Behavioral Sci.

You may want to take a look at HY Biostats as well. I've heard it's pretty concise and may be good for review.

Other than hitting the qbanks (USMLE Rx, UW, Kaplan) and digesting the explanations, I'm not sure about a biostats-specific question set.

What's a good resource to learn both the equations necessary for statistics questions on Step 1 and how to apply them, i.e. perhaps a few practice questions following presentation of the equations? I basically don't even know where/how to start.

Thank you.

I read HY Biostats but that didn't work for me.

I learned biostats the hard way: a surfeit of questions. That's it. You've just gotta build momentum and get accustomed to using the formulae.

I read HY Biostats but that didn't work for me.

I learned biostats the hard way: a surfeit of questions. That's it. You've just gotta build momentum and get accustomed to using the formulae.

Basically just from UW? Or is there some hidden place to get an abundance of Biostat questions? My scoring so far in this section is nothing short of abysmal.