Statrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tenk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate them.

The appendix looked at me and gave me a wink so cannot exclude acute appendicitis.

The patient has a colon so could be colitis.

Normal brain ct, recommend MRI.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So painful. Hate the baseless and counterproductive recommendations. “1.5cm simple ovarian cyst. Recommend OB/GYN consult”. WTF?

I went over to a radiologist's place for dinner one time. Huge place. Great big hedges in the front yard. She was sitting on the fence, in a skirt, wearing flip flops. When we got inside she showed me her yo yo collection. We had waffles for dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Is Statrad a specific company?
I call it Vrad... but I am not sure if that's a generic or brand name.
The Vrad company that does my CT's is way better than the in-house radiologists we have.

The Vrad company that does my CT's is way better than the in-house radiologists we have.
It is a specific company. Vrad is a different company.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting. We have vrad also. I don't have any major complaints with them, but they definitely aren't as good as our in house rads.

Reactions: 1 users
Do these companies not have any accountability? Is there a review process for misreads? I'm very fortunate that our in-house radiology groups provide 24/7 coverage (3 radiologists on at night that read for multiple facilities within our health system).

Do these companies not have any accountability? Is there a review process for misreads? I'm very fortunate that our in-house radiology groups provide 24/7 coverage (3 radiologists on at night that read for multiple facilities within our health system).
3 rads on overnight! What is your volume? 140k? 160k?

3 rads on overnight! What is your volume? 140k? 160k?

Our ED has 150k, but they read for all the hospitals in our system (combined volume maybe 500k). Now that I think about it, there are 4 on overnight. One of the radiologists is a neuroradiologist for our comprehensive stroke center.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I know that at my primary hospital, they use NightHawk overnight. Those reads are only provided as prelim and not put in the chart (only available in the PACS system) and get over-read in the morning by the hospital's group.