Stats for current ERAS cycle/applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilycat

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Found this when browsing the IM forum, thanks to CKTN2:

http://www.aamc.org/programs/eras/p...ency_200512.xls

Basically, to summarize, current # of US/Canadian grads applying to anesthesia is 1844 (up from 1589 last year). Ave. #apps/person is 24.7 up from 23.2, ave. #apps/program is 365 up from 297.3.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is great information. However, the NRMP statistics are a more accurate representation of how competitive anesthesia is/was.

A fair number of people sending in ERAS applications will not rank any anesthesia programs for the match for a variety of reasons.

2000:
Offered = 1005
Filled = 802

2001:
Offered = 1104
Filled = 973

2002:
Offered = 1169
Filled = 1113

2003:
Offered = 1264
Filled = 1212

2004:
Offered = 1289
Filled = 1200

2005:
Offered = 1283
Filled = 1231

DrRobert said:
A fair number of people sending in ERAS applications will not rank any anesthesia programs for the match for a variety of reasons.

yes, but don't forget a fair number of programs won't rank certain applicants either. iow, an applicant may rank a program but not match there because that program didn't rank the applicant - and that applicant may match somewhere else while the program goes unfilled. this happens. just look at cornell for an example a couple years ago.

Everyone leave Idiopathic alone, he is very sensitive around this time of the month! Seriously, hope your interviews are going well, I just wanted to ask if you went to your Rush interview. I am curious how it was. The trail is grueling, but we shall rise above.! (sniffle, tear, pouting gaze.) :laugh: Hope to see you and the new (or soon to be new) kiddo at the upcoming wedding.
later Buddy,

The Mish

Dr.MISHKA said:
I just wanted to ask if you went to your Rush interview.

I didn't apply to Rush, but I heard from more than one applicant on the interview trail that Rush residents told them NOT to go to Rush. That's enough to frighten someone away, I think.

rugtrousers said:
I didn't apply to Rush, but I heard from more than one applicant on the interview trail that Rush residents told them NOT to go to Rush. That's enough to frighten someone away, I think.

Speaking of the Chitown programs, anyone know any recent info on Illinois Masonic? Anyone interview there this year, or know someone who did? Scutwork.com isnt turning up much.

Dr.MISHKA said:
Everyone leave Idiopathic alone, he is very sensitive around this time of the month! Seriously, hope your interviews are going well, I just wanted to ask if you went to your Rush interview. I am curious how it was. The trail is grueling, but we shall rise above.! (sniffle, tear, pouting gaze.) :laugh: Hope to see you and the new (or soon to be new) kiddo at the upcoming wedding.
later Buddy,

The Mish

Did not go...cancelled Rush in favor of Mayo. Wouldnt ever move to Chicago :p