Stats for Medical School Applications

Started by kguzman12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kguzman12

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have made the decision to become a premed student in now my previous semester of university (I am now a third year). Due to that I have to stay a fifth year in school to complete all of my med school prereqs. From not being a premed from the start would have only 2 years and one summer of experience (volunteering, summer research, leadership, clinical exposure) be enough for applying to med school? Especially if I were to finish university with a competitive GPA and MCAT score (Current overall gpa is 3.93 and science GPA a 4.0).