Stats of all 0+6 Pharmacy programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Christmas came early when I found a nice fat envelope from ONU in the mailbox! I'm still doing the happy dance! I really :love: this school!
congratzZz! ivana :D

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hit me up if you have any questions about Rutgers Pharmacy. I'm currently a sophomore with 3.5 GPA about to enter my second semester.
WOW thats a great GPA, especially for pharmacy. Is it hard keeping it up? I wanted to ask about the dorms in rutgers, specifically closest to the ernest mario school of pharmacy. I got accepted, and theres a 75% chance i will be attending, and dorming too. And one more question, if u dont mind me asking, did you get any scholarship for, and if you did, what were your grades in hs (SAT,GPA, APs...etc)

I was accepted to St. John's pharm with a 4 year scholarship.
Letter was dated for the 21st.
3.667 weighted gpa, 34 ACt. top 25%.

How is it though? I haven't found much information on St. Johns...

I recently requested a major change at Northeastern from business to Pharmacy, I'm hoping I get in there. :)

I hope this helps (and that you get in), Live Your Life!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to St. Johns and LIU and I go to one of St. John's sister-schools nearby.
SAT: 1830 (1200 combined CR and Math)
Average: 94.25

I hope I make St. Johns with the low SAT score, but I think I'm gonna make LIU.

GPA: 3.6
AP's: 8 (4 science)
SAT: 800 (M); 730 (V); 700 (w) = 2230
Applied/Accepted/Attending: Rutgers Pharmacy 2014

I'm so glad that someone at Rutgers here and willing to answer questions. I have heard different stats for the retention rate at Rutgers Pharmacy. I would like to know the rate from freshman to the third year(P1), and to the graduation(P4) for the last few years. Of course, ballpark is good enough for me. Thank you.:)
Quite a lot of people drop out from PP1 to P1 year. Can't give you an exact number, but my guess would be at least 30 people. Three of my friends already dropped out for different reasons: failing, discovering passion for teaching, hating science, etc.

Published P1 -> P4 graduation on time is around 80%.

WOW thats a great GPA, especially for pharmacy. Is it hard keeping it up?
3.5 is good, but not too hard to get if you were prepared in high school. Rutgers grading scale is strange so ..
A = 4.0
B+ = 3.5
B = 3.0
C+ = 2.5
etc.

I wanted to ask about the dorms in rutgers, specifically closest to the ernest mario school of pharmacy. I got accepted, and theres a 75% chance i will be attending, and dorming too.
Ernest Mario is on Busch Campus so your dorm choices are: BAMM (Barr, Allen, Metzger, Matthia), Davidson

BAMM: They're pretty nice dorms. They're the best you can get as a freshman. They have communal bathrooms, they're pretty big, there's about 50 people on a floor with a common lounge/area, air conditioning, and its co-ed. They're also in a pretty good spot. Its a 5 minute walk to the bus stop at the Busch Student Center, Dining Hall, and Buell Apts. You'll most likely be put in Allen or Metzger because Mattia and Barr are engineering preferred (I think?)

Davidson: Not as nice, separated into a couple buildings I think (A, B, .. etc). No airconditioning. Pretty well located. Again a 5 minute walk to the dining hall, busch student center and there's a bus stop right outside your door which is nice.

PS: even if you put Busch down as your first choice, its really a 50/50 shot that you'll actually get it. You may end up on Livingston, which is the 'freshman campus' now.

And one more question, if u dont mind me asking, did you get any scholarship for, and if you did, what were your grades in hs (SAT,GPA, APs...etc)
Scholarship criteria were changed last year so that there are no definite cutoffs like there were before. 1500 + top 5% puts you in the running for at least half tuition though I think.

Impressing stats, Argentium. I guess I should consider myself lucky to get into rutgers pharmacy with my low grades...
About the dorms, so there is more than one campus within the New Brunswick campus? I'm sorry, but i didnt really understand how the new brunswick campus is broken up (with bamm and livingston and davidson, can u explain it? How easy is it to get around the campus? So lets say i dorm in Livingston, will I have to walk alot to get to my classes? Are the dorms broken up by year (freshmen in one area/building, sophmores in another, etc..) And the dorming is co-ed?? Are there any all-girls dormitories? If there isnt, then thats one thing my parents dont have to know...
And for the scholarship, do you mean 1500 SAT math+reading??If you do, then i shouldnt have hope for getting a scholarship...I am the top 2% of my class, though.
Congrats SJT on getting into St. Johns Pharmacy. I havent heard anything yet. What were your SAT scores? I heard Northeastern is a really good university, good luck with that. All i heard about St. Johns was that dorming sucks...If you go, do u plan to dorm? Other than that, Ive heard only positive comments about it and the program.

New Brunswick is made up of four campuses: Busch Campus, Livingston Campus, College Avenue Campus, and Cook/Douglass Campus.

Busch Campus is where the majority of the science and engineering classes are. The freshman dorms on campus are BAMM and Davidson. McCormick, suites, and apartments are also here, but they won't be available to first year pharmacy students (upperclassman/honors only). Allen and Metzger are co-ed, and Mattia and Barr are essentially unisex (engineering). Davidson is split into 4 buildings. There are 2 co-ed buildings and 2 unisex buildings (i think).

Livingston campus is where the business school is located. Its also the freshman campus. You can live in the quads or the towers. I think the quad floors are separated by gender but I don't really know.

College Ave is where liberal arts are. Everything is co-ed I think.

C/D is polisci, environmental science, mason gross school of arts, etc. There are all women's dorms here but I don't suggest you live here.

Getting from campus to campus requires that you take a bus since the campus is sprawling. The majority of your classes freshman year will most be on Livingston and Busch. Chemistry is on livingston, Biology is on Busch, Psychology is on Busch or Livingston, Expos is held on every campus, and Chemistry Lab is in Livingston.

And yes 1500 was referring to math and verbal, there aren't any real cutoffs anymore like there were when I was applying, so you still have a shot. They're more 'guidelines' now.

I had a 1460/2120 superscored, but I didn't send them since my ACT was better.
And yes, if I go I plan to dorm. I thought they were all fairly new buildings? I have yet to visit, though.

I recently requested a major change at Northeastern from business to Pharmacy, I'm hoping I get in there. :)

What was your GPA unweighted?

Thank You so much for clarifying Argentuim, I understand it better now. So you don't recomend Douglass? I guess I'll have Busch as my first choice, and I hope I get to dorm there, since I've heard a few positive comments about it. I had the impression that the school of pharmacy is on the busch campus, and that most of my classes will probably be there. So the classes can be on different campuses?
Do you know when rutgers notifies scholarship winners? I've asked several people, some said with your acceptance letter, and some said later on in February. If its with the acceptance letter, then I definitely did not get anything, but if its later on, I can still have hope.
Now all I can do is just have patience and wait, becuase St. Johns is my first choice, and would probably be cheaper for me since I will live at home. If not, then I'm definitely going to Rutgers, and thats why I've been asking all these questions. Once again, thanks for your help.
and sjt, those are stellar grades. I'm not sure whether there are new buildings or not, but I got the information from my friend's brother, who currently attends st johns. I'll try to ask, though. If i find out new information I will post it here.

I'm in MCPHS Boston's 0+6 PharmD.

Stats -
GPA: 3.40
SAT: 1760
Class rank (extremely crappy HS): top 6%
Virtually no EC's
No AP's

Just call me lucky :luck:

haha, thanks Live Your Life! Acutally, if you look at unweighted, it's not all that great. Nicolemsm, I believe its somewhere between 3.2-3.35, I don't have the actual number. I'm basing it off of what I remember from last time I calculated it..From what people have said, I'm a little suprised I got in as I did.

Last edited:
haha, thanks Live Your Life! Acutally, if you look at unweighted, it's not all that great. Nicolemsm, I believe its somewhere between 3.2-3.35, I don't have the actual number. I'm basing it off of what I remember from last time I calculated it..From what people have said, I'm a little suprised I got in as I did.
man.... I should have applied 0-6 way... I was really dumb.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at Northeastern University's 0-6 program && in high school I had

GPA: 4.86
SATs: 1940
Class Rank: #2
I took AP Chem (3), AP Calc (5), AP Physics (2), AP Gov (5), AP US (4), AP Lang and Comp (4), AP Lit (4) and everything else was honors classes
I also had a lot of ECs like Student Gov VP, NHS Secretary, Senior Class Secretary... etc...

Haha I only wish I was as active in my first semester of college. ;P But that's okay. I've still got 5.5 years left to join stuff

The Pharmacy advisors told us that they're no longer taking any transfers into the Pharmacy program, even within the university... even within any of the health science majors in the university. :(

The Pharmacy advisors told us that they're no longer taking any transfers into the Pharmacy program, even within the university... even within any of the health science majors in the university. :(

=/ Even for seniors, since I haven't enrolled yet?

=/ Even for seniors, since I haven't enrolled yet?

Oh hmmm. I have no idea on that one. I just know that they're no longer accepting transfers into the pharmacy program. And before they used to accept applications into the 4 year pharmacy program after the 2 year prereq. but they don't do that anymore either.

Have you received a reply yet regarding your request to switch majors?

Not yet, I only put it in on Jan 2nd. I hope it comes back soon though so if need be I can sign up for the EA Welcome Day...

I know I'm probably counting chickens before they hatch, but how do you like the pharmacy program at Northeastern? I know you just began, but is it very difficult to maintain a good gpa? Do you have time for other activities?

Not yet, I only put it in on Jan 2nd. I hope it comes back soon though so if need be I can sign up for the EA Welcome Day...

I know I'm probably counting chickens before they hatch, but how do you like the pharmacy program at Northeastern? I know you just began, but is it very difficult to maintain a good gpa? Do you have time for other activities?

Haha yeah that is a very early question to ask, but from my experience I actually like it a lot. I like the fact that my schedule is basically planned out for me for the next six years (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

http://www.northeastern.edu/bouve/pdfs/ugradCurricula/PharmD_WEB.pdf

I guess it's because I don't have to go blindly wondering which classes I should take next and I can also prepare for the classes better, in my opinion. Like I've heard a lot of people had problems with Organic Chem in the second year so I'm thinking about just taking an Intro Organic Chem at a CC this summer to prepare myself.
But if you're thinking about minoring in something there's not a lot of room in the Pharmacy program to do that, but if you have enough AP credit to replace some of the classes you can usually fit it in. Like I'm minoring in Theatre (I know, completely unrelated to Pharmacy!).
Also I really like our Pharmacy advisors. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met! And they really want to help you with your future plans, so don't be scared to ask them for advice. Like our freshmen pharmacy advisor left about 2 months into the school year because her husband got a job in California, but it ended up being okay because the rest of the Bouve advisors pretty much helped the freshmen class, and they were very nice.
And as for time with other activities, I have a lot of time right now since the classes are easy. Freshmen year is the easiest year so enjoy it next year! Haha. Also! Make sure you pack up your gpa since the first year classes are going to be your easiest ones. Like I know this sounds stupid, but I got an A- last semester which already brought down my gpa to a 3.9. And yeah, I know a 3.9 is acceptable, but I guess the thing is, it's like one bad grade and you'll never reach that 4.0 anymore, you know what I mean? I'm not trying to scare you, but I'm just saying freshmen year will be the easiest year for you to pack up that gpa in case something trips you up in your later years.

Yay, got an email from admissions on Friday. They've swtiched my major over to pharm :) I'm visiting on the Welcome Day, so that should help.

I was looking that the courses we have to take, and was curious-- can we skip anything we get a 4 or 5 in on the AP tests? (ie bio, psych, etc.) And writing...

Haha, you're A- bringing down your gpa to a 3.9 reminds me of my friend's sister. Coincidentally, she's also at Northeastern.
How difficult are the classes though? Do a lot of people do poorly/drop out? I'm a bit of a slacker at times, heh.

Haha yeah that is a very early question to ask, but from my experience I actually like it a lot. I like the fact that my schedule is basically planned out for me for the next six years (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).

Hi IshDiandra,
My daughter is accepted by the NEU for the Pharmacy program, I'm very concerned for the retention rate from freshman to the third year(P1), and to the graduation(P4) for the last few years if you don't mind me asking. Of course, ballpark is good enough for me. Thank you.

Yay, got an email from admissions on Friday. They've swtiched my major over to pharm :) I'm visiting on the Welcome Day, so that should help.

I was looking that the courses we have to take, and was curious-- can we skip anything we get a 4 or 5 in on the AP tests? (ie bio, psych, etc.) And writing...

Haha, you're A- bringing down your gpa to a 3.9 reminds me of my friend's sister. Coincidentally, she's also at Northeastern.
How difficult are the classes though? Do a lot of people do poorly/drop out? I'm a bit of a slacker at times, heh.
If you are a slacker, prepare to do poorly/drop out. 'Nuff said.

:p Okay so maybe "slacker" isn't the best word. I didn't mean in the "oh I don't feel like studying this week" type of slacker, more of a "Gee, I'll do some work and then chill, and then return back to studying." idk how to explain it, haha.

Chops 369 or gotmilk, do either of you attend Northeastern and can attest to the amount of work needed? ...of course it's more difficult than, say, a major in communications or something along that line (no offense intended), but was it more difficult than you expected?

Got accepted to Rutgers today......
Hey, what were your stats (math/reading SAT)? I got waitlisted the other day =/
I dont think the chances are really good for a waitlisted student for rutgers pharm

Last edited:

Yeah, they accept AP credit. A few kids this year are psuedo sophomores because they APed/college credited out their first year

Hey, what were your stats (math/reading SAT)? I got waitlisted the other day =/
I dont think the chances are really good for a waitlisted student for rutgers pharm

To tell you the truth, I didn't even send in my SAT because I thought they were horrible. My ACT wasn't that great as well, but I send it in anyways. Don't be hopeless because you're on the waitlist because I received a letter from them on Thursday this week saying that I got waitlist. Friday morning, they sent me an email saying that I got accepted.

Accepted at FAMU :D

GPA: 3.71/4.0 (unweighted)
Class Rank: 14/398
ACT: 25

I'm just looking into Pharmacy, and I appreciate all the tips you guys are giving. I have a few questions though.
How does the application process work? Would I apply to the pharmacy school and the university? Or just one?
If I do the 0+6 program and I decide that I don't want to go into Pharmacy anymore, can I drop out of the Pharmacy school and still attend the university?
How important are extra-curriculars?

Any1 more stats?
Just came back from daughter's orientation at Northeastern, this program is excellent. She met a lot of new friends, some of them also accepted by St. Johns or Rutgers but decided came to Boston, these are all 6 years PharmD programs. Best wishes to all of them.

Just came back from daughter's orientation at Northeastern, this program is excellent. She met a lot of new friends, some of them also accepted by St. Johns or Rutgers but decided came to Boston, these are all 6 years PharmD programs. Best wishes to all of them.

Hey Congrats! NU is awesome. Almost went to lame MCPHS/SJU due to the free ride. However COOP program has put me MILES ahead of my other pharmacy buddies that went to the two respective schools. I have all my hours needed to become a pharmacist without working during the semester...leading to a really high GPA ;). While my URI, SJU, MCPHS, and TEMPLE friends are busting their buts on weekends to scrounge up hours for just ONE state. I have over enough hours from COOP to apply for my NY intern license (and I already have a MA one).

3.95 GPA, 1150 SAT

Accepted:
MCPHS, USP, ACPHS, Duquesne, Butler, Wilkes (waitlisted for PharmD), UB

Rejected:
St John's (need SAT above 1300)

Attending UB:)

so is the suny buffalo pharmd program 0+6?

You apply in high school. They have application online I think. Yea uop is university of pacific

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

The University of Findlay here

ACT: 25 (took it freshman year)
GPA 3.9 (unweighted scale)
Over 300+ volunteer hours in a clinical pharmacy
1 highschool pharmacy internship at NEOMED
30+ college credit hours with a college GPA of 3.5

Good luck to all applying!!!!!:D

Accepted to Ohio Northern University
International Student but attended 4years of highschool in the United States
gpa 4.5 on a 5 point scale
20th out of 700 students
ACT 32
2 years volunteering at a hospital 4 hours a week
varsity tennis and regional/state/national orchestra :)

4.0 valedictorian
29 Act
Applied, Interviewed and Accepted at
Ohio Northern
University Of Findlay
Duquesne
Butler
Rutgers
St. Louis

Attending Ohio Northern University.

I am debating between Rutgers and USP and would like to know everyone's opinion on everything those schools have to offer. I am leaning towards USP because it's near Philly and the people I know live close by. It would be grateful if you guys told me about how scholarships and the usual amount for each school is and just overall campus life. I know both schools are going to be rigorous but any ideas on which school would have a "easier workload"

Btw currently going to be a Junior with a 4.25 Gpa and will either be valedictorian or salutatorian and will have a SAT above 1350

Wow! it is amazing very nice stats.