Stats sticky?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LabbyRatty

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been cruising this forum for about a year now and have noticed that the majority of posts are regarding stats, espcecially during this time of year. Is it possible to make some sort of sticky post at the top with a list of schools and people who were accepted to those schools can list their stats? Anyone have an idea to help reduce the number of "review my stats" posts?
 
You see while the population of the forum is increasing, I think people here don't represent the entire population of applicants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The easiest way to do it would be with the acceptances thread, but even then it's tedious to maintain, and lots of duplication given that currently everyone lists all schools they were accepted to, not just the 1 they plan on attending. I don't really think it's very feasible.
 
yeh i was hoping there be thread too for people to list this stats but I guess looking it this way it isn't very feasible and practical 😛 darn it.
 
I just don't see the value of people posting their stats. The admission process is very much a individualized process, where we are accepted and rejected not only on stats alone. I can see how one may compare oneself to another applicant, and may boost one's confidence or even be demoralizing. Last thing I want to do is influence someone the wrong way.

I am very confident that people who study hard at school, who give it there all doing their EC's, and who prepare for the interviews will do well regardless of what other people's stats are.