1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Status for summer enrollment

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by AlphaKi, Mar 21, 2004.

1. AlphaKi

AlphaKi Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey everybody,

Well, it's official. I have applied to the University of Miami, Northwestern University and Georgetown University. I don't know what my outcome will be. I can tell you I am a little concerned because so many postbac students had high scores and I'm a moderate candidate. But, I do feel that volunteering was a huge boost. Also, I decided to take my Anatomy class for CR/ No CR but it seems like I'm going to get a B in the class.

Anyways, if you all want to know of my statistics I have a 3.55 GPA in Psychology at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I have all As in science but a nasty C+ in Economics ( I really don't like business classes and took it for a gen ed, big mistake lol ). My SAT was only 1080 but none of those schools specifically asked for one. However, it isn't that bad as I know for 100% certainty I'm going to be a Psychiatrist.

A part of me is really hoping I get into Miami. I can go in-state, I know they have a solid reputation and I know of some success stories coming out of the U. But, another part of me says go for Northwestern or Georgetown because they are 'better' schools. I don't really want a cut-throat competitive atomosphere until MS but instead want a semi-friendly Post Bacc Community place with high success.

Thanks everybody and God Bless

2. USbound

USbound Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey AlphaKi,
    is Miami a master's program? Where did you find out about it?

Good luck with your applications!

3. OP
    OP
    AlphaKi

AlphaKi Member
    7+ Year Member

No, I have only taken a few science classes and no chemistry or physics so I'm applying for the regular postbac not special masters.