Status for summer enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaKi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Well, it's official. I have applied to the University of Miami, Northwestern University and Georgetown University. I don't know what my outcome will be. I can tell you I am a little concerned because so many postbac students had high scores and I'm a moderate candidate. But, I do feel that volunteering was a huge boost. Also, I decided to take my Anatomy class for CR/ No CR but it seems like I'm going to get a B in the class.

Anyways, if you all want to know of my statistics I have a 3.55 GPA in Psychology at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I have all As in science but a nasty C+ in Economics ( I really don't like business classes and took it for a gen ed, big mistake lol ). My SAT was only 1080 but none of those schools specifically asked for one. However, it isn't that bad as I know for 100% certainty I'm going to be a Psychiatrist.

A part of me is really hoping I get into Miami. I can go in-state, I know they have a solid reputation and I know of some success stories coming out of the U. But, another part of me says go for Northwestern or Georgetown because they are 'better' schools. I don't really want a cut-throat competitive atomosphere until MS but instead want a semi-friendly Post Bacc Community place with high success.

Thanks everybody and God Bless

Members don't see this ad.

Hey AlphaKi,
is Miami a master's program? Where did you find out about it?

Good luck with your applications!

No, I have only taken a few science classes and no chemistry or physics so I'm applying for the regular postbac not special masters.