Status for summer enrollment

AlphaKi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
    Hey everybody,

Well, it's official. I have applied to the University of Miami, Northwestern University and Georgetown University. I don't know what my outcome will be. I can tell you I am a little concerned because so many postbac students had high scores and I'm a moderate candidate. But, I do feel that volunteering was a huge boost. Also, I decided to take my Anatomy class for CR/ No CR but it seems like I'm going to get a B in the class.

Anyways, if you all want to know of my statistics I have a 3.55 GPA in Psychology at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I have all As in science but a nasty C+ in Economics ( I really don't like business classes and took it for a gen ed, big mistake lol ). My SAT was only 1080 but none of those schools specifically asked for one. However, it isn't that bad as I know for 100% certainty I'm going to be a Psychiatrist.

A part of me is really hoping I get into Miami. I can go in-state, I know they have a solid reputation and I know of some success stories coming out of the U. But, another part of me says go for Northwestern or Georgetown because they are 'better' schools. I don't really want a cut-throat competitive atomosphere until MS but instead want a semi-friendly Post Bacc Community place with high success.

Thanks everybody and God Bless

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.