status of invites for IMG's

Started by GasDaddy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GasDaddy

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
guys, im kinda freaking out, as medical students usually do. i have 5 gas invites and am wondering if i will get more or not. i'm an IMG with 90's on both steps. will there be atleast a few more after nov 1/deans letter? how are the other IMG's on here doing so far? also, the anesthesiology attending i worked with barely turned in the letter of recommendation.... i know some programs require an anesthesiology letter of rec. did'nt mean to come off bragging if anyone has fewer invites than me. i hope it works out for all of us!
-gd
 
To date I have 2 'yeahs', 4 'nahs', and 2 'kinda'. 1 of the kindas was an invite and when I called the next day the slots were all filled. The other one is waiting (so they say) for my dean's letter. UFL was supposedly waiting for my deans letter and then just decided to boot me anyway.

If I do not get matched in anesthesia, I am going to seriously consider non-residency options for a career (pharmaceutical, industry, ect.). I don't know if they require any clinical training for not. We'll see.

You have a lot of interviews, I am sure you are going to match somewhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering the same thing. 7 invites to date. We shall know soon.

7 interviews is great. I think you are in great shape. Congrats.
I'm a DO with 9 interviews so far, but I know how you feel. I'm still waiting for a few invites myself.
🙂
 
Foreign grad here (really foreign) sitting on 3 interviews.
My last 2 were rejections so I'm beginning to freak out a little.
I hope November will be a better month for me :scared: