status of residency training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleeping beauty

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a small program without much teaching.

is there anyway of evaluating myself regularly? I mean I'd like to know where I stand nationally comparing with residents in bigger programs with more teaching. the surgpath slides from CAP (checkpath) are obviously not good tool for evaluation. there are so few slides and it is easy to make guess and guess right.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you take the RISE?

If you haven't taken the RISE (usually offered in springtime) my already serious questions about your program would progress to complete disbelief.

Apart from that there are websites like the tutorials at the JHU path website (surg path unknowns) and cases of the week at pathologyoutlines.com .

thanks.

I'm 1st year resident and I just finished my very 1st surgical path rotation (4 weeks). I did not take RISE but definitely I will.

yes. I study JHU path website (surg path unknowns) and cases of the week at pathologyoutlines.com, and a lot of other websites. but they do not give me a "ranking".

I don't know if there's anything else that can give you "rankings" other than just telling you you're right or wrong. There are no practice board exams or anything, unfortunately.