1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Staying focused...

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DailyDrivenTJ, Mar 21, 2007.

1. DailyDrivenTJ

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Guys, I finally have taken the full diag. test on Achiever and did 21AA, 18TS, and 20PAT. I killed the math portion.

I am a bit worried about the science score, I guess I will brush up on that.

I know it might sound stupid...

What do you guys do to stay focused for 4.50 hours? I feel so drained after 3 hours or so and I am so exhausted metally towards the end of the RC, QR takes juice out of my brain.

I tell myself that I will be "well off afterall", but... Do you guys do anything special to give yourself that extra boost that we all can use?

What is your plan for the D-day?

TIA

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan!
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Great score! I gues the only thing you can do is practice, take as many test as you can, even if you have to, then repeat some tests again. That will give you more practice plus it will help you manage time better too! Also, just like on the real test, take a 15 in break and eat a power bar or something!

I thought PAT was pretty difficult but I guess I just need to practice but it seems like you did a great job!!

4. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    drink a red bull. But beware I've been told red bull gives you wings

5. DailyDrivenTJ

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks for the compliment. I wish I did as well as you did lonely_sol on the science section. Where do you go to school in ATL?

I am thinking about taking a energy drink. Thanks for the tip. During which section do I get 15 minute break?

Thanks

6. Lonely Sol

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    On the real DAT, you will get a 15 minute break after PAT section and before RC section. I think thats a perfect time for a break because you just got with all that mind excercise! And yea, if energy drink will keep you focus then go ahead. Basically, whatever will get you through but i think after practicing tests (5-6) you will get the hang of it!!

DId you get Topscore yet?

Oh and your PAT score is awesome!

7. DailyDrivenTJ

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just got the Topscore today. I haven't install it yet. I think I might try it tomorrow.

As far as PAT score goes, I guess, me thinking everything in terms of images in my head is finally paying off. I am not all that smart so I have to think everything in terms of pictures. Who would have thought that would pay off?? :)

Did you get the Topscore software?

8. Lonely Sol

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yea, I took one of them, when is the Dday for you?
    Mine is April 11th.

9. DailyDrivenTJ

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thinking next week. :)

How did you do on that? How different would you say from Achiever?

10. Lonely Sol

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I took my first Topscore a week ago, and got 22/22/22 (26-in bio, :laugh: )
    but i felt like the test was pretty reasonable, i just dont want to feel relaxed since i did good because thats a recipe for slacking!

I thought it was a bit easier than Achiever as far and science is concern but the PAT is no comparision. Its weird I thought I would be good on that section since I work a custom car place and mess with fiberglass and molding everyday, gues not!:laugh:

11. Fonz

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I dont know about drinking anything with caffine it (well at least not around the actual test) may make you need to use the restroom. Im a nervous person already so that alone makes me need to go more often understressful situations