STEP 1. 1 book.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddiaz4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I know I can use the search function (and I have) but I cant find a specific answer to my question.

I will only be taking the comlex and I am looking for 1 book that has it all. I do not want to be studying 9 different sources. Basically, the COMLEX 1 study book equivalent to exam krackers for the MCAT.

I want an AVERAGE score. Whats the minimum that will get me there.

FA USMLE + Savarese + COMBANK?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A score of 400 is passing, while 500 is the national average. You'll pass (considering you have a decent background knowledge and have done well your first two years) with FA + Savarese + Combank, but you may not receive an average score.

FYI: FA + Savarese = 2 books.

Thanks for the response bud. Yea I realize thats two books... I meant 1 book to study the biochem/anat/phys/path etc...

hmm yea I was hoping for a 500+ score. You dont think I could get that with FA USMLE and COMBANK?

I just want to sit down with one book learn that book and do well. I hate having to look through and manage studying with several different books. But its looking like that isnt possibe lol.

Thanks for the response bud. Yea I realize thats two books... I meant 1 book to study the biochem/anat/phys/path etc...

hmm yea I was hoping for a 500+ score. You dont think I could get that with FA USMLE and COMBANK?

I just want to sit down with one book learn that book and do well. I hate having to look through and manage studying with several different books. But its looking like that isnt possibe lol.

I'm just messing with you, man. I didn't mean to be a jerk. My strategy isn't necessarily to study out of only one book, but I'll end up doing almost that simply because I will annotate various sources into that one book (that one book will be First Aid). I will also use RR Path and Costanzo Physiology. If that's the score you want, I think it's possible, but I guess it depends on your knowledge base. You could probably get a 500 with FA, Savarese and COMBANK. I haven't taken the test yet, though, and I'm studying right now as well, so take my advice with a grain of salt. If other people answer you and they have already taken the test, listen to them, of course.