step 1, 2 weeks away, question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TJDoc7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, wanted to get some opinions on the uwsa exams and generally, what you think about my given situation...I pretty much elected not to do any of the nbme's only because they don't offer any specific feedback as to what questions you did/didn't grasp...so didn't want to psych myself up/out too much not actually knowing what I did right/wrong. I know this can be argued both ways, and understand that, just more interested in what people think about my situation here.

Pretty much, I decided to just do the uwsa#1/2, free 150 questions (which...it's free, so why not, and can go over and see what I did right/wrong). Specifically, I did the uwsa#1 about 4 months ago, and then again the other day (just to see how far i've come, not as a guage) and the nbme free 150 (again, as a guage to see how far i'd come after about 4 months)...specifically didn't remember any of the questions (haha..actually didn't even get to finish two questions on the uwsa#1 due to running out of time), and couldn't recall any on the free150. Im doing the uwsa#2 (which people have wrote/told me is relatively accurate in predicting ballpark score), so wanted to see what people thought on my situation/opinion where I should score on the sa#2/step 1.

uwsa#1 (4.5 months ago): 192/200
uwsa#1 (second time, after doing qbank, 4.5 months pass): 238/590
free nbme150 (4 months ago): 70%
free nbme150 (last week): 86%
uwsa#2: Doing 2 days

Just wanted opinion/where to generally expect on second uwsa...def. know the scores could potentially be "over"-inflated due to my second time (although did not remember any of the questions), but I have to of progressed a decent amount since my first assesment (I was thinking uwsa#2 would maybe be somewhere between the 192 and 238?)...but does geenrally seem in good shape to be sitting for the step, or look to start pushing back? I knwo the uwsa#2/an nbme or something along those lines is truly the only way to know, but wanted feedback on it...really my priority is to PASS...doing average or better would be amazing, but not what I will be postponing test dates for.

Really appreciate any help...getting near the test date and i'm sure you can tell are somewhat anxious/nervous, so any advice is much appreciated. Thanks for time and help.

Members don't see this ad.

You can get the answers for NBME 6 if you pay a little extra.

I wouldn't put much stock in the second times. Especially if you went through the answers when you did them 4-4.5 months ago; even if you think you don't remember them(very surprising to me that you didnt); its always better to do completely fresh questions.

I echo what illixir says about not putting stock into 2nd passes regardless if you remember it or not. See how you do on the UWSA #2 as a gauge of where you currently stand. I think you have a good chance of passing if that's all you're gunning for but can't really predict how you'll do on the real thing. How's your Qbank or UW percentage?