step 1 <200 - home program only?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mudshadow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
v

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No. I know of people in the high 190s have gotten into other programs, including: SUNY Downstate, U of Maryland, Caritas (Mass), and Georgetown, all within the last 3 years.

dc

Where are USMGs successfully matching w <200 step 1?
I am assuming they are only getting into their home programs....

You need a kitten:

1350-OrangeKitten30pcSmall.jpg

-copro

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHA!!!!

OMG! I just pissed myself laughing! THAT was BRILLIANT!

:laugh: :lol:

-copro

Where are USMGs successfully matching w <200 step 1?

Hopefully there is more to your app than board scores, whatever you got. My Step 1 was a 181, and I got 14 interview invites.

v

Last edited:
That's impressive. Do you have any other advanced degrees? Lots of research?

no other advanced degrees, but I mistyped that too. I got a 191 - I did pass the stupid thing.

also do away rotations (one at a 'reach' hospital and another at a place you have good chances of getting into).

Somtimes if you impress them during the rotation you can score great points, and no one will care about your score as long as it was passing on the first attempt.

If you are a grad from a US MD school, then you really shouldnt havent problems getting interviews. I would say there are tons of places in the north east (ny, nj,etc).

Good luck!

Well, if you look at charting outcomes, EVERY US grad who ranked 10+ programs matched. Every one.

So quite the opposite. Apply everywhere and be willing to move.

Well, if you look at charting outcomes, EVERY US grad who ranked 10+ programs matched. Every one.

So quite the opposite. Apply everywhere and be willing to move.

Yeah but you need to get 10+ interviews to rank that many places. If you don't interview there they aren't ranking you.

Anyway, as long as you don't insist on Mass General or Hopkins or UCSF etc you should get interviews and be fine.