Step 1 after Third year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepCalm11

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a traditional DO curriculum

Current MS-2 taking COMLEX.
I know all the negative reasons for taking Step 1 after third year - I will get about a month of dedicated at end of Y3 for Step 1 and maybe 2-3 weeks for CS-2 .

Any advice on how to make this happen or anyone who has done it?

Members don't see this ad.

Im taking it in a week as a 3rd year. We'll see how I do, but certainly my practice scores are much better than last year

Reactions: 1 user
Great. I hope you wouldnt mind if I drill you on your preps and stuff later on! Currently buried in Class EXAM HELL n UWORLD / Comlex ..

Members don't see this ad :)

I am following this advice and not worry about it for now. Focusing on COMLEX ONLy and then re-asses. I don't want to limit my chances, i like the challenge but I'm 6-7 weeks away from Comlex so want to not overwhelm myself ....

would like to hear your experience on how you managed it ,etc if you took in 3rd year etc..
Yeah, my school schedules it right after 3rd year. I took about the 8 weeks we were allowed so that's double what it sounds like you get. I just followed UFAPS. If you happen to have a light rotation at the end of 3rd year you could probably start then. Also will respond to your PM