Step 1 Audio/Video study aides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Booter008

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an audio learner so I've spent the last few days researching different audio study aides to use when the time comes. Hopefully I can find the best products now so I won't have to waste time on this once classes start back up. Here's what I've found so far.

1. Goljan path - the best out there?
2. Kaplan DVD's
3. Kaplan CD's (Webprep?)
4. Audio recall - Buzzwords - Not much use nowadays??
5. Pharm recall audio
6. Gold Standard - I've seen poor reviews for this one
7. Pass program w/ Dr. Francis - the bare essentials only?

Has anyone used any of these and care to rate them? Also, if there is any other products you've tried....

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an audio learner so I've spent the last few days researching different audio study aides to use when the time comes. Hopefully I can find the best products now so I won't have to waste time on this once classes start back up. Here's what I've found so far.

1. Goljan path - the best out there?
2. Kaplan DVD's
3. Kaplan CD's (Webprep?)
4. Audio recall - Buzzwords - Not much use nowadays??
5. Pharm recall audio
6. Gold Standard - I've seen poor reviews for this one
7. Pass program w/ Dr. Francis - the bare essentials only?

Has anyone used any of these and care to rate them? Also, if there is any other products you've tried....

Thanks!

Goljan's the best for patho. Kaplan dvds are pretty good too (i loved the physio and pharm, didn't watch the rest of the subjects). I have no idea about the other stuff you listed except for the pass program one (heard it sucks and is full of incorrect info - from several ppl)

I say pick a few sources and stick to them (the golden formula: goljan + UW + FA) and if you need to hear/watch something, you can't go wrong with kaplan dvds. The rest of the stuff is overkill/not very good (and probably full of mistakes), and should only be used if you're struggling with understanding the others.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also an audio learner. I spent a few minutes a day during 2nd year recording myself reading/quizzing from pages in FA, usually corresponding to what I was doing in class. Then when it came to study time, I had about 48 hours of FA audio to help me, since I am utterly incapable of staring at a book for a huge amount of time. It worked pretty well for me, so I would recommend that if you have the time. Or you're welcome to my copy if you don't mind gross mispronunciations of pharm drugs.

I am also an audio learner. I spent a few minutes a day during 2nd year recording myself reading/quizzing from pages in FA, usually corresponding to what I was doing in class. Then when it came to study time, I had about 48 hours of FA audio to help me, since I am utterly incapable of staring at a book for a huge amount of time. It worked pretty well for me, so I would recommend that if you have the time. Or you're welcome to my copy if you don't mind gross mispronunciations of pharm drugs.

That's not a bad idea....FA's topics are set up nicely to do something like that.

Thanks for the suggestion!