Step 1 dedicated study in a tropical/vacation location?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepCalm11

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I should go to a place with good wifi and change of sceneray for 2-4 months of dedicated Step1 PREP? like Bali, indonesia (Been there before). Study with online sutdy partners (no issues with keeping schedule) But also get that chagne of scenery and really relaxing/rejuvinating TIME off as my current city, the time off / down time /off days option are boring (US BASED).

any ideas or is it too risky? Food will be different, etc. Although i'm on keto diet and eat simple food.

Members don't see this ad.

Might be kinda risky doing it internationally with COVID in the mix, but otherwise a great idea as long as you know you'll stay focused enough not to go out exploring all the time. And that the wifi will be solid enough the entire time. I did a similar thing with the MCAT and it was great.

Maybe look at getting an airbnb somewhere in the states that is in a nice, relaxing area instead? Accommodation/food might be more expensive than Bali but you'd be saving on flights and won't have the risk of getting trapped with restrictions/getting sick in a foreign country.