Step 1 experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arista.MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took Step 1. It had a lot more molecular biology/immunology and biochemistry than I expected. The pathology questions were not any weird disease, just the common ones: diabetes, heart disease, etc. Pharm questions were also the most common drugs with their side effects. I only had a little anatomy. Neuroanatomy and neuropathology were asked together, with a picture and a disease scenario. The NBME exams were very close to the real exam. Q bank has a lot of questions that were close to the real exam, but Q bank also has a lot of detail which you don't need for Step 1. I used 1st aid, Step- up, and the BRS review books. I'll see how useful they were when I get my scores back.

Good luck everyone.

Arista.

Members don't see this ad.

Arista.MD said:
I just took Step 1. It had a lot more molecular biology/immunology and biochemistry than I expected. The pathology questions were not any weird disease, just the common ones: diabetes, heart disease, etc. Pharm questions were also the most common drugs with their side effects. I only had a little anatomy. Neuroanatomy and neuropathology were asked together, with a picture and a disease scenario. The NBME exams were very close to the real exam. Q bank has a lot of questions that were close to the real exam, but Q bank also has a lot of detail which you don't need for Step 1. I used 1st aid, Step- up, and the BRS review books. I'll see how useful they were when I get my scores back.

Good luck everyone.

Arista.
Yes. Definitely Heart Disease (practically all etiologies) and all the comorbidities that go with it was the theme for mine as well. Ditto on the other stuff as well.