step 1 failure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxine

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
don't know if there are any of you out there... who failed... and now passed.... what did you do differently? where do you find the strength to do it again. I was fairly consistent 60% + on q-bank and felt confident i would at least pass. But I missed by 1 point! I honestly felt that my test was not representative of what Kaplan teaches... the 3 "p's"... i had much more focus on biochem and immunology... any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Just don't get discouraged! Do a ton of timed tests and focus on what you're getting wrong. It seems like you weren;t far off base--you'll do fine as long as your nerves hold up. :clap:

i know man how you would feel . failure definitely hurts but dont forget that its one of the stepping stones for success .

I thought that most of the questions i got were basically a test of the concepts and how you would apply them in the presented scenario . Nothing directly from the books i found on the exam .

I did fine with the Kaplan course material . I never took any coaching from them ....but borrowed the material from a friend and read . I also did first aid for usmle

that should fine man ...i guess . it did fine for me . got a 98 . bye take care and all the best