Step I Step 1 in couple weeks. Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RLSGrasshopper

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My Step 1 is in a 4 weeks. My UWorld qbank is almost finished (first pass). Currently, my Overall Correct: 58% & my Percentile: 51st. This got me depressed to say the least, since I need to score at least 230. Anyone w/any advice on what I should start doing or need to be doing?
 
Don't depend on your UWorld percentage, do an online timed NBME and see what your score is. You may be pleasantly surprised! 🙂 I wouldn't be depressed about 58% - it's a learning tool not to be used as an assessment. Good luck!
 
Thanks for the advice. So my plan is to review all my incorrect & marked questions & make a "UWorld Journal". Hopefully I can get through them all & take NBME Form 11 before next week. I'm freaking out!!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't depend on your UWorld percentage, do an online timed NBME and see what your score is. You may be pleasantly surprised! 🙂 I wouldn't be depressed about 58% - it's a learning tool not to be used as an assessment. Good luck!

So I took Form 11 (NBME) and my score was 410/209 correlating to Step 1. I know its possible to do anything, but realistically, how poissble is it to make a 20-30 point jump? Ahhh 😡 this is depressing. My step is in less than 3 weeks!!!! 🙁
 
So I took Form 11 (NBME) and my score was 410/209 correlating to Step 1. I know its possible to do anything, but realistically, how poissble is it to make a 20-30 point jump? Ahhh 😡 this is depressing. My step is in less than 3 weeks!!!! 🙁
Assuming you have done at least one pass through Pathoma and First AID, look at the questions that you got wrong on the NBME assessment test. Were the questions you got wrong more an issue with memorization or understanding and what subjects did you struggle with most. For example, I struggled with reproduction the most, so I looked over the key sections in First AID, BRS physiology, UW reproductive questions, Kaplan reproductive questions, and Wikipedia. This does take time but you can definitely make up 20 points within 3 weeks.
 
There is no cookie cutter approach to improving your score.
Find out your weak areas from QBanks/NBMEs and work on them by using resources you are comfortable with.
3 weeks are sufficient for this approach which focuses on your weaknesses rather than another round of UFAP or anything else.