step 1 journal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prayinghard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone i have my exam July end and i really needed a journal where i could post my daily progress and get feedbacks...

i have 25 days to my exam if i start from today and i want to make the most out of these days and i need ur active participation in this...

allrite so 14/7/08

i need to do pharmac first aid as much as i can and do cell injury from goljan...

guys those of u out there in the same stage of preparation please feel free to join me...

Thanks happy studying to all...

Members don't see this ad.

2cr8ive and car 123 y dont u discuss ur daily study plans so that we can keep up with each other and speed our preparation...

allrite i just woke up will start studying from 9:30 am.

starting with pharmac first aid.

happy studying to all...

Members don't see this ad :)
tomorrow im doing the last block of usmle world yay 66% all random timed unused ... above 70 in the last 10 or so but had some in the 60s as well. also i'll do stats from FA and review USMLE WORLD stats as well. im also hoping to quickly go over the FA micro tomorrow as im writing nbme 4 on tuesday, which will be two weeks before my exam and i am soooo freaked out i'll do poorly in that one and ruin my confidence . ok this is it for now. good luck everyone

allright ur going great buddy but can u tell me whats really helping u to get those awesome scores on uworld ? First Aid goljan or what ?? And ru reading any particular book for immuno besides kaplan ?

Allrite abt prep i did a few pages and had to goto college to get some documents signed now back and need to finish a lot of stuff pharmaco first aid still pending
will catch u guys later bubbye...

keep writing here and lets do this together...

to be honest my nbmes are not as high as some people with same usmle world achieve, i have done the first 3 nbmes and got 510, 520, 530. i started with kaplan LN and first aid and then did goljan RR once which really helped me put things together. i finished usmle world afterwards and saw how much i knew after RR. im going to do micro now ... what are ur scores?

you'll get a much better response for these sorts of things at "prep 4 usmle" site than here.. they got a section just for this mainly due to several fmg/img taking few months to prepare as well as taking it throughout the year.

thanks lany for the suggestion but since ive started a journal here i might as well continue it...u too please contribute ur prep experience on my journal...

Allrite this is a pretty subjective question guys but how many pages of First Aid can u guys manage in a day in the first read...

Last edited:
really depends on how solid ur background is. u mean first read of FA or first read overal? a friend here is doing 70 pages a day so he can finish the entire FA in one week. but i doubt it's his first read. tell us a bit more about where u stand.

well im still trying to finish FA, zonaridicularis do u recommend going through the entire goljan again in this one month, which is practically impossible so what r ur tips to revise goljan in this last month ?

Allrite since morning i have completed the cell injury chapter from Goljan and 13 pages of FA still 6 hours left in the day so much to read so much to complete GOD help!!!

ok done with nbme 4 and got a 530, so im not changing my exam date ( i was going to change it for a week if i did really bad in this one)..but i have to say that im not seeing a big improvement in my scores anyways but have to write this exam one day:)

allrite i want to finish this by july end/5th aug i dont mind giving whatever time i can for it...

currently doing FA and uworld,
Will revise goljan once after this and some topics from Kaplan

zonaridicularis thanks for the good plan

will start to see some cts/mris from webpath everynight from today...

right lets do it!!

starting my last review of FA, starting from the systems. hoping to be done with the system in 3 or 4 days, meanwhile revising all the wrong questions i had in usmle world. planning to take the usmle self assessment sometime this week. good luck

allrite guys the days over we r working on a reverse schedule here when its day in my country its night in US...

Anyways today i did 35-40 pages FA first read and 25 uworld questions...

from tomorrow im stressing on completing at least 50 pages of FA in a day and 50 questions of uworld i need to race against the time...

I CAN DO IT!!

a little more time, a little more effort each day can do it!

the whole thing is that im scoring in 60s in uworld right now...im trying my best to improve it any inputs in this will be appreciated...

Uworld score is a great sense of confidence at the back of my brain!

allrite cya later guys!!!

allrite guys where is everyone ?? Now im hell bent on finishing uworld first in this few days as of now im doing subjectwise tutor mode is that a good idea ??

ill do mixed time later all incorrect ones

is there any other qbank besides uworld where i can practise timed questions ofcourse not very costly becoz ive sent a lot of money already...

let me know thanks.

im really in panic mode. trying to finish FA one last time but going through usmle world wrong questions is taking too much (i dont do them, ive just marked my problems and read throught the answers again), also im trying to still do 100 q from any q bank per day so my mind doesnt go to sleep. anyways got to go do some neuro now. good luck

and i suggest u still do the usmle world in random timed