Step 1 Pharm and Immuno Sources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jerrykid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, could someone please suggest some good resources for pharm and immuno for Step 1? I'm looking for good (and hopefully brief) review books for both (or is First Aid enough?). My pharm is particularly weak - I can't seem to keep the drug names in my head.

Also, did anyone find good pharm flash cards? The main ones listed in First Aid all have mixed reviews.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

FA is enough. If you're particularly weak in pharm then you will only hurt yourself by spreading yourself too thin. Feel free to use pharm cards to help you retain but don't kill yourself learning drugs/interactions not covered in FA.

Know 100% of FA pharm (easier said than done) and you will get 95% of the pharm questions right. It's not high yield to start bringing other resources in to nail that last 5%. What's not covered in FA most people will get wrong anyhow and hence those questions will be curved generously.

Have to agree with the above post on Pharm questions, I had problems with Pharm at first but added a little lippincott to explain the mechanisms and the pharm in FA stuck a lot better. I also thought doing questions helped drill certain points into my head and I started to notice certain pharm scenario and key points appearing frequently. So I figured, well I guess I should pay more attention to that fact.

As far as Immuno goes, hard to beat Levinson (just for the Immuno section, roughly 90 pages) but if you read the charts/graphs/etc you'll get most of the high yield stuff very fast. Good luck to you.