Step 1 plan... advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RIPSanto

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incoming M2... and just to start I am NOT planning on studying this summer. The reason I am seeking advice now is that my parents graciously offered to help with step 1 prep (no they dont pay my tuition). I will be home for a week or two this summer, and would like to purchase some of my resources then... (bad idea?)

Here are my thoughts
-Kaplan Qbank for all of MS2 to prepare for exams
-Review MS1 in FA during MS2 winter break (~2 weeks)
-Actually start prep during spring break of MS2

I plan to use DIT, Goljan path and FA. I really don't know about what else to invest in. I have flipped through some High Yield and BRS books that classmates have, but I don't see myself using all of them. Are there any MUST HAVES that I am missing?

Any advice would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I used Qbank during MS2 and it didn't help squat. Neither for Step nor class exams. In fact when I did use it more for Step studying it didn't help. All you need is FA, World (doing it twice) and maybe Goljan (early on!!) The more resources you use the worse it is. Everyone says theyre are going to study early but in reality concentrate on your classes and have fun and make use of your free time because you won't get any later on. Do DIT right before your test. I cant emphasize enough how important doing World twice is.