Step 1 prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

39djdjcnd9

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MS1 and we just started organ systems. I have USMLE rx now and plan to use Uworld closer to dedicated. Would it make sense now to do 40 question blocks for micro, immuno, and biochem in USMLE rx?

Members don't see this ad.

Get used to doing 40 question blocks as soon as you can. Do them timed. It'll get you used to thinking with the time pressure of the real thing although the questions in Rx are admittedly not the same as the questions on the exam (though I never personally used Rx).

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think I should do material I have already learned (biochem, micro, and immuno) randomly or in their specific blocks?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I should do material I have already learned (biochem, micro, and immuno) randomly or in their specific blocks?
Randomly. Just know that USMLERx is notoriously extremely easy and not really representative of the real test. But it is great at this point in your learning

Randomly. Just know that USMLERx is notoriously extremely easy and not really representative of the real test. But it is great at this point in your learning

Wait really? Lol I looked around on here and I saw many ppl posting how hard it is? Maybe initially? I did my first 40 block in neuro and got a 62% smh lol the avg was a 61% tho for those questions

Wait really? Lol I looked around on here and I saw many ppl posting how hard it is? Maybe initially? I did my first 40 block in neuro and got a 62% smh lol the avg was a 61% tho for those questions

the rx questions may not be easy per se. But they are definitely simple.

Rx questions are generally straightforward but people don't do super well partly because they usually haven't done much studying yet (M1s), and people often go through it quickly in tutor mode (I know I misclick a lot or don't read all the answers but can't change it). And since it just tests your First Aid knowledge, it feels pretty easy for people who just went through that FA chapter, and difficult for those who haven't.

Rx is good for going through with your organ blocks, especially if you use First Aid at all alongside your blocks. I don't think you HAVE to do 40 question blocks. I'd worry more about content for now, but it couldn't hurt.

I was just thinking about how I wished I did Sketchy Micro and Pharm alongside my organ blocks (but we integrated those into each block instead of having a micro or pharm course) and maybe Pathoma earlier to make sure I didn't miss any high-yield path - as most path lecturers we had were not great at highlighting important info.

I would recommend doing questions only over material you have learned. Otherwise you waste questions. Use Rx to study material in classes and do randomized UW later.

It's because it's based on First Aid material. If you've gone through First Aid, then it'll be easier for you than for someone who hasn't. Do some UW questions for comparison. UW is the best resource out there. FA covers probably 90% of what is on Step 1/UW.