Step 1 schedule (PLAN)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

htamimi94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone share a good study plan/schedule to finish step 1 in around 8-12 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

here is a sample 4 week schedule I found online. Very straightforward but easy to modify. Add sketchy and pathoma and you are set.

Members don't see this ad :)
50 questions / day for 6 days a week you will cover UWorld in about 8 and a half weeks. If you don't plan on annotating First Aid from UWorld answers then you can probably do 100 questions a day and knock out UWorld in half the time. I copied the following from the website Medgunner.

"The Study Red-Zone (2 months before USMLE Exam)
  • Ok so it's crunch time... Hopefully you read my article and took some of my advice.
  • You should aim for reading your main source 3-4 times through during the red zone. Repetition is key!
  • Aim for 50-100 questions per day of timed testing across all subjects. This will help you switch thought patterns between subjects and as I mentioned before will help you nail the timing.
  • Reviewing answers should be quicker and a more focused. You should not be writing notes during this time. Focus on knowledge gaps and reviewing major concepts.
  • If you have extra time during a day, you can rewatch videos for some of your weaker subjects or topics.
  • 1-2 days before the exam:
    • Study high yield topics, graphs and charts.
      • First Aid has a high yield systems rapid review in the back of the book.
      • Use bookmark tabs to mark 4-5 star topics covered in DIT videos and review those pages.
    • Review statistics and equations so they are fresh in your mind.
    • Review your high yield mnemonics (MedGunner Board Prep)"

Reactions: 1 user
I took one look at the schedule with "read 50 pages of first aid a day"...

Don't do that! Retention for information you only read is SO LOW. Questions + flashcards = much better approach.