Step 1 score 220

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances in anesthesia?

(Please bear in mind that I finished anesthesia residency in 2004 and have been cashing in for 11 years now.)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good chances for anesthesia.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might be slightly overqualified... ;)

Yeah, good thing I came through when I did. Its crazy how competitive its gotten. I was considered a rock star applicant in my day, would be lucky to get a spot in todays climate.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah but you guys didn't have the high quality review prep resources we have today.

what are my chances in anesthesia?

(Please bear in mind that I finished anesthesia residency in 2004 and have been cashing in for 11 years now.)
pretty damn good!

I have 219, and 244 in step 2 + 3 anesthesiologist LORs (from which 2 is from department chief) and 1 from EM PD from my country, all very good, will be ECFMG certified before sep 15, 1 mo observership in anesthesiology dep. and yes I'm IMG

will take step 3 at the end of September

can someone please comment on my stats?

applying to 80 programs (others are just out of my reach duke, WashU etc.)

I have 219, and 244 in step 2 + 3 anesthesiologist LORs (from which 2 is from department chief) and 1 from EM PD from my country, all very good, will be ECFMG certified before sep 15, 1 mo observership in anesthesiology dep. and yes I'm IMG

will take step 3 at the end of September

can someone please comment on my stats?

applying to 80 programs (others are just out of my reach duke, WashU etc.)

80 programs? Perhaps you could carve out some that you feel truly are out of your reach---unless you really want to leave no doubt in your mind that maybe you could have gotten in (I feel like a 219 Step 1 will keep you out of WashU, Duke, etc as an IMG)

sorry for taking this thread over but I have one more question,

many programs have min step 1 requirement of 220, and I have 219:depressed:

is there anything that I can possible do to effect that automatic screening out?

and does not participating in ERAS mean that program is less competitive? bad?