Step 1 score and ENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TL11111

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
What range of scores are considered competitive for an ENT residency spot (top, mid, and lower tier programs). Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

what's ENT? is that same thing as EMS? I'm assuming both are related to emergency med somehow.

sincerely,

naive

My mistake. I shouldn't have used the 3-lettered "4-letter word" for Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard the average Step 1 score for matched applicants was 237 this year. Second highest average, only to Derm, I think...

Thanks MC,
I've tried searching for sites with some info like that, but haven't been able to find anything. Did you find this on the web or did you hear it from someone?

T

I heard it from someone that matched in ENT this year, so it's still hearsay. I believe he heard it from the program director at our school.

SFMatch used to have the average Step 1 scores for ENT on their website. However, with the commencement of the 2002-2003 application cycle, they've since removed it. They will probably list match statistics again after the completion of this year's match. I do remember the average score for matched applicants being in the mid 230s last year.