Step 1 score cutoff?

Started by rachana
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rachana

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are average Step I cutoffs at ENT programs and are there any programs that don't use cutoffs? I am really interested in this field but worried about my score... thank you.
 
I have no idea what other programs do, but we definitely do not use cutoffs. A low scoring applicant that has good research can still get in, but it is pretty hard. I would shoot for above a 235. If you have a low score and are still really interested, I would consider doing a one year research fellowship with the NIH vs studying your butt off for the step II.