Step 1 scores on APGO residency directory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenpistachio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the average step 1 scores on APGO residency directory. They seem really low to me but I'm not that familiar with OB/GYN residency.

Brigham and Women's: 225
NY Presbyterian: 225
WashU Barnes Jewish: 223

Most residencies did not list their average Step 1 or 2 scores so those were a few of the higher scores that I saw listed.

Can anyone who has applied/interviewed give their thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I question the accuracy of the score listed. I know the scores for my program are higher than they listed on the APGO website, and I'm not sure if the numbers are old and were never updated or if they put low ones as more of a number for applications to aim for. I think you would definitely need higher than those scores to get interviews at those places.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to an ACOG District Mtg as a 4th year med student and an assistant PD mentioned to me that I probably wouldn't get interviews at some of the more elite programs because their cut offs were more like 230 or 235. But it might depend on the rest of your application and how strong that is.

Last edited:
Scores have been extremely high the past few years but do not reflect the applicant's transcript. Some people are better test takers. You may have high scores but if your clerkship scores are average, then you will have an issue in getting an interview with what you think are the "elite" programs.