Step 1 Study Plan Advice Needed Taking Kaplan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sd1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

First off glad I got your attention. Ill make this quick and outline my questions. I am taking a Kaplan course to review all the materials I have learned in med school. My weak spots are Micro, Patho, Pathophys, Immuno. I have a few weeks to prep before the course starts, and want to write by end of september or latest october. Does anyone have an effective study guide for preping for this time? Before I take Kaplan, Im going to do all the goljan lectuers and read micro made ridic simple. During Kaplan I will keep up with all the lectures study hard on my own after class and do Usmle World questions daily. During Kaplan I will also be using my First Aid book like a bible. After Kaplan, I plan on revising for a week or two on my weak points do 2 NBME exams, keep doing questions and studying first aid. After those two weeks do about one more week of first aid, questions and a work in 2 NBME exams into tihs time somehow. What do you guys think of my plan? Any holes any ways to improve? Any books I should use that are gold?

Books I plan on using besides Kaplan Books:

Robbins Patho
BRS Patho
Goljan Patho

Lippincotts Pharm + Biochem

Lange Pharm Flast Cards

First AID

Micro Made Ridic Simple

Pathophys for Boards and Wards

Neuroscience made ridic Simple

Physio BRS

Anything Im missing? Also I apologize for spelling errors :(