step 1 studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinehopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,
looks like its time to start thinking about step 1 now. how do you all feel about kaplan home study program? It is quite expensive, so is it work buying? Also, for pharmacology, I am thinking of buying the pharm recall (new edition comes out soon). Any thoughts on that book?

Members don't see this ad.

I have pharm recall and I really really like it as a short, sweet, quick review of material. I think it's a great supplement to FA pharm. I don't know much about Kaplan's study program----I heard those books aren't that great compared to the ones you get in the course. Actually but then again people who are selling it say "it's the same thing." I personally am not really going to be using those as i think if you are a US med student, you do'nt need them. Just mjy opinoin though.

The real value in the kaplan program is the books, so if you can get your hands on a set of books (a used set is fine) you'll be golden.

The real value in the kaplan program is the books, so if you can get your hands on a set of books (a used set is fine) you'll be golden.

How old is too old? I saw the 2002 edition but they seem rather old.

How old is too old? I saw the 2002 edition but they seem rather old.

I was happy with my version, which at the time was one year old. So I recommend that you get your hands on the 2006 set of books to prep for the 2007 exam.