step 1 topics - penn students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valliumv

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard from an upperclassman today that second year penn med students have taken the boards already and know what topics are tested heavily this year. she also said that there were 4 forms of the test that were given each year and so if you could talk to these students you could find out what might be emphasized. Is that true? and if so, can any penn med students help us out and tell us what they thought was emphasized?

of course, I understand all about competition for residency and all but being students at penn you probably don't have to worry about someone like me or basically many other medical students who will be graduating with you :)

Members don't see this ad.

valliumv said:
I heard from an upperclassman today that second year penn med students have taken the boards already and know what topics are tested heavily this year. she also said that there were 4 forms of the test that were given each year and so if you could talk to these students you could find out what might be emphasized. Is that true? and if so, can any penn med students help us out and tell us what they thought was emphasized?

of course, I understand all about competition for residency and all but being students at penn you probably don't have to worry about someone like me or basically many other medical students who will be graduating with you :)

I had a lot of molecular questions, but another person who took it on the same day said she got quite a few histo/cell questions on her test. I thought my test was hard, but then again, it's one of those things that I just don't think I could be anymore prepared.