Step 1 versus 2 and 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, I'm in a unique situation as I'll more than likely serve a Navy GMO tour after my internship, therefore when I finally do enter the match, I will have completed all three steps of the COMLEX.

I got a 501 (51%) on my COMLEX Step 1. I won't have USMLE results for another month or so (?). My question is, if I somehow do very well on Steps 2 & 3 (>90th percentile), how will that be looked upon? Can stellar Step 2 & 3 scores make up for a crappy Step 1 score?
 
Your score is not crappy. Though it is not stellar, I would not worry. If you are going into the Navy, nearly 90% of people match to their first choice residency.

Use secrets, crush and qbank. Study for 1 month for step II, you'll do great.

Normalforce